Tuesday, June 7, 2011

PlayStation Vita

A few months ago, I posted an entry to my wishlist about the PSP2, or NGP. Well, yesterday, at Sony's E3 keynote, the NGP got its official name:  PlayStation Vita.  I know, it's kind of a terrible name (though not as bad as Wii U).  Vita means "life" in Latin, so maybe they're taking a stab at gamers, whose lives revolve around things like this.
But, silly name or not, I'm as jazzed as ever for it to come out.  This is going to be a powerful little contraption.  There will be two versions of the system released.  The first, Wi-Fi only model will be $249.  The second one, which is Wi-Fi/3G support, will be $299.  That may seem steep to a lot of people, but to someone whose life revolves around things like this....ahem....it seems pretty worth it.  The only downside is that they announced AT&T as the official service provider for the Vita.  I'm not too jazzed about that, but what can I do.  I have to own this.  It's not optional.
There are plenty of little teasers and trailers about new games for the Vita, but the one that impressed me the most was the video for LittleBigPlanet, so I've included that here.  It looks like it will be an amazing experience.  While it's unfortunate that the user-generated content won't be ported, at least any costume DLC you have from LBP and LBP2 will be. 
Enjoy!


1 comment: